Over the past few weeks new discoveries and resources on COVID-19 research are emerging rapidly as virologists, epidemiologists, public health officials, clinicians, editors, and other scientists and public sectors work tirelessly to understand and combat the pandemic. Efforts by scientists and journals alike to share information as quickly as possible have spawned numerous open-access resources, which have greatly accelerated the pace of discovery and application of protective public health measures. These resources form the foundation for collaborative and world-wide efforts to search for drugs, vaccines and other medical interventions as we race against the spread of disease.
Social media has provided a platform for the rapid dissemination of these resources and discoveries, between and across research groups. We have been following the story and sharing these advances with the Keystone Symposia community as they emerge. With so much going on right now, it can be hard to keep up, so here we compile some of the most impactful posts from the last few weeks into one easy-to-access reference list. Bookmark and share!
See the latest COVID-19 discoveries and breakthroughs on our Twitter feed:
COVID-19 OPEN-ACCESS RESOURCES
- Meta: Comprehensive feed of the latest published and pre-print research papers on COVID-19, and curate your own lists based on fields of interest.
- Dimensions: See breaking discoveries and research on COVID-19 updated daily to list all publications, datasets and clinical trial info to accelerate advances towards better treatments and preventions.
- Cell Press Coronavirus Resource Hub: Recently published articles and reviews relating to this public health crisis.
- Nature Briefing: No-drama news and insights by Flora Graham.
- COVID-19 Overview Presentation: From one of USA’s premier MD virologists – Robert “Chip” Schooley. Covers epidemiology, molecular virology, clinical features, mitigation, experimental therapeutics. http://neurostream.ucsd.edu/fullscreen-player.php?path=domgr_vd&source=MGR-03-18-20_zoom.mp4 …
- Special Symposium on COVID-19 Webcasts:From The Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), held virtually March 8-11, 2020, this special session highlights the latest epidemiology, public health and virology information on COVID-19 from global experts:
- Zunyou Wu- Chief Epidemiologist at Chinese Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- Anthony S Fauci– National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, USA
- John T Brooks- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, USA
Follow the Conversation on Twitter, Highlighting Breaking News, Discoveries & Resources
See More on Coronavirus & Emerging Infectious Disease Research on the Keypoint Blog: